Googlezon

It's cold (currently 14 degrees).
This term I'm taking Information Policy. It's in a crazy condensed format but we talk about some interesting stuff. Most notably thus far, we watched this video about Googlezon - the fictional future of online companies, convergence, media, and the way humanity stores and retrieves information. I use all of the services listed. It's pretty exciting to me where this stuff is heading but it's kind of scary in light of privacy issues and the fact that some people just don't understand some of the implications. For example, you're reading this blog. I'm not a journalist. Nor am I pretending to be (I'd be a better writer). But what if people actually started taking me seriously? Don't get me wrong, I think blogging is fantastic and we can learn a lot from our peers by getting our opinions out there, but taking things as factual truths... that's kinda scary.Anyway watch the clip here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home