.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

b.rad v.11

Now with more shizzle.

Sunday, July 24, 2005


Full weekend

Friday night
After spending some quality time with Model Family, I ended up at Red Dragon - the best bar on the planet. They make strong drinks that are super fruity and delicious and are like $6. Amazing. I thought I posted an audio thing through the cell phone but apparently I was a wee bit intoxicated and must not have hit all of the right buttons. It was nice to go out and have a good time with a good mix of folks. Some guys from the Chorus showed up, which was super fun. In the context of the TC Gay Men's Chorus, I'm actually super shy. I don't know what it is - probably the 100+ gay men all around me. But on Friday night I was in my element with my friends and at the best bar on the planet. I think I surprised them at how outgoing I could really be. Poor K ended up hosting A and me at his place due to my tipsiness. I think the kicker was the 3rd drink that somebody put in front of me...

Saturday
AM: A and I stopped at McDonald's for my intersection of sweet and savory: The McGriddle combo. We had to get up early-ish because I had to work at 10:30. Got home, showered, and got to work. Wished the was a Starbucks along the way. Oh well. I started with the upgrades and the sky turned black. A storm was rolling in. I felt like we were in a hurricane or something. It was freaky, especially since the building was virtually deserted and nobody would come and find me if a tree busted through the window.

PM: Got back home at 1:30ish and took a much needed nap. Woke up from nap, and returned "PMP Certification for Dummies" to the B&N in Roseville. Turns out I'm not a dummy, nor do I need to become certified in project management. Why couldn't I have picked a better impulse book buy? Maybe it's an indicator of my personality or something. Let's hope not. Got a voicemail from T that he and M were going to catch S's show and wanted to know if I wanted to tag along. I did, in fact, and it was hilarious! It's called Dames at Sea and is at Loring Playhouse. Go see it. Anyway, M is a hoot. Too bad he's moving to Boston with the rest of my world. What's with that? I hope I get to spend more time with him before he leaves. After the play we popped into Bar Lurcat (after swimming through the humic night air - it was CRAZY outside!!). Of course, their fries are to die for. I managed to spill a chocolate martini (not even mine) and I wasn't even drunk.

LATER: I met up with some more friends at Pizza Luce. My favorite thing there is the baked potato pizza, for the record. We then went to catch a midnight showing of Moulin Rouge. I remembered how dazzling it was on the big screen. Lots of colors and shiny things. Plus Ewan McGregor. But I was tired, especially by the time I got home - 2:30am. I picked up the latest Lavender once I heard Randy Kelly was on the cover. I have another post to make about that whole deal so I won't get into it here.

SUNDAY
Made myself wake up at 8:00 so I could fall asleep tonight. Then went to go see the movie "Happy Endings" with K, which was super fun. I really enjoyed the move. Love those ones that have different plot lines that eventually all come woven together. Very clever. Plus Jesse Bradford was in it and I've been tracking his career, and his hotness, for the past few years. He was looking scary in this flick though. Lisa Kudrow was brilliant. One beef - it seemed like it was a really long commercial for Apple. Every computer in it was a Mac and the flick didn't go 20 minutes without prominently displaying an Apple product. Weird. We went to Cheapo afterwards and I bought too many CDs to add to my already burgeoning CD collection. Oh, we also checked out the new(ish) Design Within Reach store. Love it. If only it were actually within my reach budget wise. Oh well. One of these days I'll find that $6,000+ for the Eames longer I had my eye on. Went home but first stopped at Kowalski's for some groceries. S came over for dinner and we watched 2 episdoes of Blow Out. Jonathan Anton is one crazy dude. If you haven't seen that show, set your TiVo right this instant. I have a busy day at work tomorrow, so this is good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home