.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

b.rad v.11

Now with more shizzle.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005


Rossmor rocks

Can I just say how much I really love living where I do? It's an amazing community filled with energy. The artists and art-friendly alike are coming together to do something truly unique. Plus, Rich Pakonen, the developer of the building, gets mad props for being so art-conscious. We're commissioning works from resident artists or those who had a studio in the Rossmor before it got converted. Robin, the brilliant and charming jewlery maker helping shape this place we all call home, has done an excellent job. Rob threw a party at his place after the meeting and we had a fun time chatting and dreaming about what The Rossmor could be - a gentrified (hey, it happened so no denying it) but accessible building bursting with creative life. I really think if we play our cards right we could be a model for other artist-loft conversion projects, like Robin said. I need a sociologist and a documentary film maker to get some history and track the stuff we're doing. If anybody reading this is interested, do let me know. We're talking community building through art, respecting what was once here.

I could go on and on but I won't. I have to go to bed. Early morning tomorrow. Hopefully the dull details won't get me down again like they have been lately. Do I complain too much? Is that why this blog exists?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home